I finally have an interview on Wednesday. It's a lot farther away than I would want to drive everyday, but if I get the job, I will have to or move. It kind of wrecks my plans but I really need a job and this one has fairly good pay, and I would be around music again. I am really excited about it and incredibly nervous! The problem is I haven't played my clarinet in 4 years. That makes me a little nervous. The position is a Retail Sales Associate. My old assistant band director hooked me up, which is great! She also works here in the same position and said that it's a lot of fun! I will let you all know how that goes.
This is my first interview out of college and basically my first interview ever minus the one for the library which didn't really matter because they said I was hired the minute I walked in, so that was easy. I'm just wondering where this is going to take me. I would love to stay at home for awhile, but I don't know if it makes sense to drive an hour and a half (one way) or three hours a day everyday. My original plan was to save up some money and buy a house but I guess you can't always get what you want. Or I could get a different car and drive everyday. I'm just thinking it would be really hard to be there on time everyday unless I leave freakishly early, although I think I would have to be there until 10 but I'm not sure about hours yet. I would have to work on Saturdays but I would get a day off during the week which would be kind of cool..
Anyway.. enough about that.. just wish me lots of luck!
I'm "working" at my new little job now. I have to watch over a gift shop while the owners are out with their concession stand at fairs and events. It's not bad at all.. I basically watch tv all day and get $7 an hour for doing so... At least it's a little money in my pocket.
After I get done tonight I'm going to have to go help my dad in the hay field. It shouldn't be too bad though, we haven't been too busy lately because of the weather.
Anyway... I will be sure to keep you all updated on the job situation :)
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good luck on the job! Where would you have to drive that is an hour and a half away? Thats a long drive and it probably wouldn't seem too bad at first, but I'm sure over time it would get really old! Well good luck anyways! Hope you get it!
Post a Comment