Monday, January 26, 2009

"un-interesting"

I'm sorry I haven't been blogging very often it's not that I'm really all that busy, I just haven't been able to think of anything interesting to write about.

This semester has been fairly easy so far. I'm just waiting for things to start happening. I know it's going to be crazy in a few weeks, so I'm trying to enjoy my downtime.

I really haven't had much homework. The only thing I've really had to turn in was a resume/cover letter for my capstone course. My online class just got started last week. I have four quizzes to take before Feb. 8th and I haven't taken the first one, which isn't good because we are supposed to do one a week, so since I am being a slacker I'm going to have to do 2 this week. I am going to knuckle down tomorrow and just do it. I have one class, and it's supposed to be nasty out so I should have no excuses.

As far as working out/eating right goes I did really really well my first week and lost 2-3 pounds. However, last week and both weekends did not go well. I am going to try to get back into the right mindset because really that first week wasn't so bad. I drank nothing but water all week, and ate within my point range. And to tell you the truth, I could already see an improvement. My skin looked much better (because of all the water) and I just felt better.. kind of cleansed. I don't know why I stopped.. it's just really hard for me to do it at home, but yet I've been doing bad here again.. not near as bad as I was before break though..

I've also went to Zumba twice. (Tonight being my second night.) It was a lot more difficult tonight, but I think it went well. I'm just proud of myself for making it through it. I also joined the gym last week (on Thursday) and did the eliptical for 35 min. I am going to go tomorrow if I'm not completely sore from Zumba.

I really do like the Zumba class. I'm sure I look like a complete idiot trying to "dance". I have never been good at it.. I don't really care though. I enjoy trying to follow different dance moves though. The only songs that I knew that we danced to were "Save a horse ride a cowboy" and "Hips Don't Lie". If you ever have the chance to do Zumba, you should try it. It's fun and you don't even realize that you're exercising. The class I go to is free for students, and it's an hour long. It doesn't feel like an hour at all, even though it's a lot of hard work. I'm going to try to go every week.. it should get easier for me as long as I keep working out.

Now that I've rambled on about random stuff.. I think I'll go to bed so I can get up to work out or at least start on some homework. My room is also a disaster, so that will have to be added to the list.

<3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I've heard of Zumba...so it's just a dance class?

Working out is hard..but stick with it! I just saw that my gym is going to offer a boot camp class and I'm thinking about signing up for it!! I need someone to yell at me!

Lindsay

countrygirl005 said...

It's an aerobics class that uses dance moves to different songs to get a work out. They have videos on youtube if you want to check them out.

They have a boot camp class here too for free, but I haven't decided if I wanted to try it yet.