Monday, November 10, 2008

just my luck.

It never fails, I try to stay clean while I'm working outside, but it never happens.

I got home Friday afternoon and went to change my clothes so I could go outside and help split wood with Dad and my sister. I ran into my room to grab some old jeans, only to find that that I had one pair, the most comfy pair in the world with pretty big holes in them, but I wasn't going to wear them because it was freezing out! So I went to the laundry room only to find my "working jeans" in the washer. Of course, there was no time for drying them because Dad was in a hurry.

So we went outside and I said, "These are my good jeans, I need to be extra careful" (Never say that.) So Dad says, ok.. you can run the tractor, so I spent the whole time running the lever, an easy, but cold job. Anyway.. when we were almost done, hydraulic oil started spraying all over the place, all over my jeans and nowhere else. It couldn't have gotten all over my old sweatshirt, no.. It had to get ALL OVER my favorite jeans :(. So I freaked out and dad's like. Way to worry about jeans when I just spilled $50 worth of hydraulic oil, then I said, well my jeans were $30 or $40. That made him think differently about that statement.

Anywho. I was like how do I get this out??! So dad said go scrub dishwashing soap on them, so I did that and let them sit in soap and water for a few hours, then I washed them in hot water in the washer twice. Most of the oil came out, and I think they are wearable, but they still smell like oil :(

On another note, since that wasn't exciting and neither is this, I have decided to quit my job and not work next semester. I am going to work the rest of the semester, but I feel like I am making the right decision. I was going to tell my supervisor after work today, I can't seem to decide if it would be better to tell her when I get there or when I leave, but she wasn't at her desk when I left.. and all of the supervisors seemed to be talking about how "good" I was today.. at my job and it makes me feel guilty, but I still think I'm making the right decision. Am I? LOL

No comments: