I just got off of the phone with an amazing person! I sent the owner of a local restaurant "Almost Home" an e-mail to see if I could ask her a few questions, she wrote me back and gave me her cell phone number. I just called her and she is one of the coolest people I have every talked to, I think we could be BFFs! Not even kidding. She is so much like me and I'm so excited that I had a chance to talk with her. She gave me some really good information to use for my business plan and she also said that she would be willing to show me around her restaurant and even let me "get my hands dirty" if I wanted. She seems so helpful and willing to talk. Even though I am wanting to create a catering business myself (for a school project and potentially in real life a LONG time from now) she thought my idea for a reception hall was good and also said that putting it in an old barn or something (Marchelle :D ) would be a good idea. She said that something like that, out in the country would be very successful and thinks that it is a good idea and something that people will use. That really just got my hopes up and really excites me!
It was just really nice finding someone who would share their information with me and who I had a lot in common with, I only talked to her for half and hour so and I think that we could have talked for a long time, but I'm sure she is a busy lady. I'm just so excited that someone thinks my idea is good and that someone would take the time to help me out. Yay :) Exactly why you should go to http://www.almosthomerestaurant.com/ and check out her restaurant. It is really amazing, I've been there a few times
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
isn't it on the southside of the square? if so, i have been there and it's a really neat place! my mom's friend worked there for a while.
glad she was able to give you some pointers!
It is on the square, but I was thinking it was on the north side?
Wow, that's awesome! It's so great when people are willing to be mentors. I'm glad it was such a positive experience for you.
Post a Comment