Sunday, October 19, 2008

college weekend

I stayed at college this weekend. It was pretty fun, except for Friday night when my emotions got the best of me, but that's ok right? Everyone needs a good cry.. haha.. Anyway.. before my little cry I went to Cheeseburger in Paradise with my friend Kelly and my sister, and had a Lady of the Sea.. mmm.. you have to try it I'm telling you. It's a pina colada and strawberry daquiri layered. It's expensive, like $6.50, but it's so worth it. I wish I could find a picture but they don't have one..

Saturday I woke up at umm.. 10:30.. oops.. I totally wasn't planning on sleeping that late, it just kind of happened. The funny thing is, I actually went to bed semi early.. Anyway.. I was very well rested and it was nice. I got up, took a shower, and went to lunch with Kelly, then I came back to my room and started on some homework, then left for my friend Lacy's party about 4:00. I had a lot of fun, she had a hayride and a nice fire, which I have pictures of below, oh and this is my friend Lacy.. I had to crop out our sweatshirts (and when I took the picture.. i accidently cut off part of our head..oops..) to protect our identity ha.. then I went to bed at approximately 1:30am.. and woke up at 8:30, then I cam back here and did laundry, becuase I had NO clean clothes anywhere, went to lunch with my sister and her boyfriend, and then came back and worked on homework. I got so much done in an hour. I still have a lot to go, but I feel better knowing that I at least got some of it done!



I know it doesn't sound like a fun weekend, but it was, just the right amount of fun and I had the opportunity to get caught up on sleep and homework.

And this is totally random, but I want to have a party, and I want to try these recipes because I'm in a fall kind of mood.

Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake


Cheesy Spinach and Bacon Dip




Mallow-Topped Sweet Potato Bake




it all looks yummy to me.. if you want to see the recipes just type in those titles on http://www.kraftfoods.com/, it's my favorite website and I get LOTS of recipes from it.

2 comments:

elb said...

yummy...that mallow-topped sweet potato bake...you better be making it! And I've been needing some pumpkin pie. I loved your fire pic it was pretty sweet.

Marchelle said...

sounds like a fun time!! except for the crying part... that's no fun. sometimes necessary, but still never fun. ;)