Monday, March 16, 2009

our flock

Meet our sheep. We only have 3 ewes (Joni, Spaz, and Llama), 2 lambs (Leia and Yogurt), and a ram (Pusha) that we're borrowing. I know those names sound funny, but that's just the way they are. I'm sure you're wanting an explanation (or you're not, but I'm giving you one anyway)

Joni- my sister's ewe that she showed in 4-H: not such a wierd name

Spaz- because well.. she's a little crazy and acts like a "Spaz" at least she did when she was a ewe lamb (another 4-H animal)

Llama- she has a really long neck and kind of looks like a llama.

Leia- from Star Wars from the first set of lambs we had. Her brother Luke, passed away a few weeks ago. He got sick somehow and didn't make it.. usually once they are born and are a few weeks old they're fine, so we aren't really sure what happened with that :(

Yogurt- We were watching Spaceballs and decided that we could call the new lamb Yoda but they call Yoda, Yogurt on that show so that's his name. lol.

Pusha- well.. he's a ram and he likes to butt people. My little brother always says "Stop pusha me" instead of stop pushing me, so that's where that name came from.

Now that you know all of our wierd names and the story behind them I'll show you a few cute photos of the new lambs. I could take pics of them all day long. These are some of my favs!

This is our flock.


This is Leia :) Isn't she the cutest thing EVER?



This is Yogurt and his mother Llama.


And.. these aren't sheep (obviously..) just visitors to our pond on one of the nice days!


Enjoy.




4 comments:

elb said...

other than being ill informed on the meaning behind some of those names and miss spelling JOANIE's name...well, done.

countrygirl005 said...

whatever. I don't see where I'm wrong.

MauritaMason said...

Love the photos! Probably by the time I make it up there, the lambs will be full grown. Really good capture of the geese, too!

countrygirl005 said...

Aunt Maurita- I'm hopefully having a graduation party in May so maybe you will see them then :)