Tuesday, September 16, 2008

help!

First off, I was wrong about the number of people who read my blog.. apparently only one person wanted to vote on my poll.. :( Oh well! Anyway.. I hope more than one person reads this because I really do need your help and your opinion! Whoever did select something from my pole wanted to hear about school, and my problem just happens to be with school!

I already said something about this particular assignment, creating my own business plan. I have my business but I need a good name for it (that's where you come in!)

This is my business description (it needs A LOT of work) but you'll get what the business is about by reading it.

My business idea is a catering business that would provide country style food. The company would also provide a reception hall where weddings and other parties can be held. It would also offer in-home catering as well as the ability to cater to businesses in the area. A kitchen would also be included in the reception hall and would enable the company to have a place to store and prepare everything. This would be useful for the in-home and on location catering services. The reception hall will be fairly large with an outside area for outdoor parties when the weather is nice. This could also be a place to hold weddings if the couple wants to have an outdoor wedding.

Another aspect of the company is that they will allow smaller events such as birthday parties and other events. Most companies have a limit to the amount of people that need to attend. This would be another unique aspect of the business. Customers would be able to enjoy very good service and quality comfort food at a lower price than some gourmet catering services.

I know this doesn't sound very exciting, but to me, it is extremely exciting because I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time! The only way you can fully understand what this would look like is to crawl inside my brain, because it's flooded with ideas and exactly how everything would look. I wish I could explain every detail, but it's hard.. Anyway.. I need a catchy name, and Rachel's Country Catering and Reception Hall isn't going to cut it!

Also, would any of you use anything like this if it was available? I guess I am thinking of this being in a really pretty country setting where people can enjoy the scenery and just have a good time! Right now, I am trying to estimate the demand for my service, and it is not easy. It is hard to find out how many people you THINK will want to use your business. Right now I guess I'm just going to see how many people have gotten married in my county and maybe close cities nearby and try to find something about how many people need catering services. The only thing that I don't think will be good about all of this is that people in my county don't make a lot of money and probably don't have a lot of extra money to be spending on catering services. I know the reception area would be good because there are only a few I can think of in my area. It would give people more options anyway.. So.. what do you think? PLEASE comment! :) :)

3 comments:

Marchelle said...

This sounds AWESOME!!! I think it's a wonderful idea and you could do a really great job at it! And honestly, I think if you made it affordable, then you would still make money because you would appeal to so many more families.

As for a name.... hhhmmm..... I'll have to think about that one.

Where are you thinking location-wise? Like building something out in the country? I don't know what you have in mind architecturally, but an old wood barn-looking building with a porch and big wagon wheels out front and a tin roof would be neat! Then the inside could be wood floors and kind of rustic looking. Just my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a fantastic idea. You can't go wrong with country cooking - especially since hardly anyone does it anymore!

countrygirl005 said...

Thank you for the feedback!!

I know I answered some of your questions on your blog Marchelle, but Location wise I guess I was thinking somewhere close to a major highway.. probably in my county or Parke...

I'm starting to wonder, while doing research how many people would actually be able to afford it around my area... hopefully I could keep the prices low and still make money? I guess thats why I'm making a plan huh? I guess it doesn't have to work.. it would be nice if it would though! lol